Sort Outs for Initiation Players
Sort outs are for NEW PLAYERS ONLY – last year's players do not attend sort outs. Times are based on your last name and are as follows:
|LAST NAME - A to C||Saturday, Sept. 8th||10:00am Merivale Arena|
|LAST NAME - D to F||Saturday, Sept. 8th||11:00am Merivale Arena|
|LAST NAME - G to I||Saturday, Sept. 8th||12:00pm Merivale Arena|
|LAST NAME - J to L||Saturday, Sept 8th||1:00 pm Merivale Arena|
|LAST NAME - M to N||Sunday, Sept. 9th||10:00am Merivale Arena|
|LAST NAME - O to R||Sunday, Sept. 9th||11:00am Merivale Arena|
|LAST NAME - S to V||Sunday, Sept. 9th||12:00pm Merivale Arena|
|LAST NAME - W to Z||Sunday, Sept 9th||1:00 pm Merivale Arena|
Required Equipment - Initiation Program
Please insure your child is properly equipped. Below is a listing of the required equipment. To insure their safety, if your child does not have all the equipment listed below they will not be permitted on the ice.
- Hockey helmet and face mask (Must be CSA approved and properly fitted).
- Socks and garter belt (or undergarment with Velcro to hold socks – normally holds Protective Cup/Jill as well).
- Neck guard (BNQ certified) which is neither too loose nor too tight.
- Shin pads (proper size and length).
- Shoulder Pads (proper size to protect shoulders and upper arms area).
- Mouth guard (proper size).
- Elbow Pads (proper size).
- Skates – properly fitted and sharpened.
- Hockey Gloves (proper size – avoid short cuffs as they do not provide proper protection against slashes to the wrist area).
- Stick - properly measured while on skates – should be at chin level; end of stick (knob) must be thick enough to not fit through any facemask openings.
- Hockey Pants (proper size and length).
- Protective Cup/Jill (proper size).